Alonzo Harris Scouting Report (2010)
New York Mets second base prospect Alonzo Harris has the raw tools to warrant being considered a legitimate prospect within the organization. However in the couple of years scouting players in the "Sally", I'm not sure I've ever seen a prospect who plays baseball in a manner so completely opposite of his natural abilities.
- Lean, athletic build; 65 runner on the 20-80 scale; Explosive baseball movements
- Overall game requires considerable refinement in all areas
- Does he have the ability to make adjustments?
- Quite possibly plus bat speed; Swings from his heels
- Struggles mightily against decent breaking balls
- .270 OBP for a 65 runner; Worst stat of the 2010 season?
- Uppercut in his swing leads to far too many pop-ups for a player with his speed
- Dead pull hitter with a propensity to pull off the baseball.
- Present power is strong for a player of his size; Would play better as a gap-to-gap type.
- Marked improvement defensively towards the end of 2010.
- Arm is average to a tick below for second base.
- Doesn't move particularly well laterally; Especially to his left
- Significant struggles turning double plays
- Has the speed to make a move to CF; May need to regardless
- Has the ability to steal more bases