Maikel Cleto Scouting Report (2008)
- Looked every bit of 218 lbs, but seemed shorter than his listed height of 6'3"
- Spent first two innings in the 92-94 range with his fastball.
- Velocity spiked in the 3rd and 4th as he was consistently hitting 94 and topping out at 97 MPH.
- Fastball seemed to lack movement.
- Breaking pitches were rudimentary at best. Looked as if he threw a cutter at 88-90 and a very poor curve in the upper 70's.
- Slowed arm action and altered mechanics tipped curve badly.
- Sling shot arm action. with size/mechanics, not much room for projection with the fastball. With it already at 92-97, does he need it?
- Bulldog on the mound, really attacked hitters and had a nice "swagger.